[TYPO3] RealURL error: multidomain configuration without rootpage_id!

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:54:46 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm using latest versions of both RealUrl and TYPO3, and I'm having
these persistent errors in the site. I've been following the related
threads on the list, but I can't figure out what's wrong in my case.

The current issue is the error referenced in the subject:

	Error!

	Reason: RealUrl error: multidomain configuration without rootpage_id!

This happens for every page in the site.

There are two domains in the tree. The root templates are set up in
the conventional way:

	config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
	config.baseURL = http://www.{$domain}.org/
	config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0

Besides that,

	* Each has a domain record,
	* Each root page record has the "Is root of website" box checked,
	* Each root TS template has the "Rootlevel" box checked

I've enabled autoconfiguration for RealUrl and the value of
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['{$domain}']
['pagePath']
['rootpage_id'] is right in each case.

Finally, MOD_REWRITE is present and working correctly.

I'm confused, because the setup in this case is pretty much identical
except for the versions of TYPO3 and RealUrl in the same server
environment.

I've tried to simplify the situation by hiding the rootpage of one
domain in the tree, but in that case, the root page of the remaining
domain is accessible, but other pages result in the "ID outside
domain" error.

Did I miss something in configuration or in recent postings on the list?

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/