[TYPO3] static_info_tables

H. Hahn h.hahn at hahn-informatica.nl
Wed Sep 10 17:40:17 CEST 2008

The degree of difficulty will depend on the country. E.g. in France and
Scandinavian countries, the phone number seem to be pretty standardised.
In the Netherlands and Belgium they are more or less standardised: the
area code defines how many digits are to follow. The same is true for
Germany, but the differences in length are much greater.

Consider the following. Today, most telephones have some "Enter" key.
i.e. you first type the number, and then "submit" it. Very old phones do
not have this; they immediately send any digit dialled.

I seem to have heard that telephone exchanges buffer the digits typed
until they are complete. This implies that every local(!) exchange must
know how many digits ist should expect vor any combination of initial
digits. So somewhere there must be some database containing this
information. The problem is how to get it.

For the Netherlands, you may look at
http://www.ez.nl/Actueel/Publicaties/Publicaties_2008/Nummerplan_telefonie_en_ISDN_diensten_17_april_2008;
click on "Download het bestand (opent in nieuw vester)". This loads and
opens a 13-page PDF file. It is in Dutch, but you can easily deduct the
number structure.
Other countries will likely have similar lists, I presume. Try in Google
with words like "telephone" "number scheme" or similar.
H. Hahn