[TYPO3] Typo3 listserv complaints

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Sep 9 14:31:19 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 6:29 AM, Tyler Kraft wrote:

> +1
>
> I completely agree with Dmitry here, Thunderbird works very well for
> this.
>
> I can't stand forums tbh, I think that Thuderbird works perfect and
> the
> search facility is great. Not only that but you can set it to download
> and save all the messages and then use it offline if you want to. That
> combined with the thread view is perfect as far as I can see.

Actually that was not the point of this thread: However
you also need to remind yourself that not everybody can/wants
to run a thirds party mail/news client and/or install more software
and run this.

Most open source projects use mailing lists as there main
communication method. TYPO3 should at least support that as one
way of communicating with new people aswell as with current people.
That means mail communications needs to work as expected (without the
bounces).

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk