[TYPO3] list most popular pages

Lars Haendler typo3 at larshaendler.com
Wed Sep 3 18:30:46 CEST 2008

Rob De Vries wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Looked all over the internets, but did not find a simple solution to
> list the x most popular pages of a website.
>
> I would presume there is already a plug&play ext. for this, but the only
> one I have found, th_popular, is not an option because de_php is marked
> as hazardous (and not available in the ter anymore).
>
> anyone has an alternative?
>
> tnx for any input.
>
> Rob

I thought for a recent project about the same but did not get into it
for now. But as Bernd Wilke said you have to take into account such
things as tt_news or indexed_search (if you have a fixed search box in
every page). If have to maybe think about pages that should not be
counted (FE-User area).
You should not do it based on pages, better to do a solution that works
with realurl oder cooluri.

Short: I think there is no easy out of the box solution.

Regards
Lars