[TYPO3-english] Presentation about open source and TYPO3

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Oct 27 18:14:47 CET 2008

Andreas Becker schreef:
> Hi Rik
> This is a good idea then simply start doing it and be the one doing it. I am
> sure if you will start by yourself and others see how you contribute to
> TYPO3 and the "inspire to share" idea others will follow. Why don't you
> simply set up a project group and manage it. The out put will then be
> presented on the NEW TYPO3.ORG website where also the complete
> typo3.comcontent will be integrated.
>
> You could start with modifying the .com content and pack it into a nice
> package with example sites, brochures, banners and so on - marketing
> collateral, so we all could participate on your effort. And I am sure
> everyone will appreciate your help in running their business and marketing
> strategies.
>
> Andi

Hi Andi,

Thanks for your heads up. Contrary to what other people think I'm not a
big believer in doing it on your own. I know it's a small paradigm in
TYPO3 but ok. Especially not with things like this.

I know people are working on a new typo3.org although the status of this
in the wiki hasn't been updated for a while. Also there is a
communications committee in the Association. I'd like to combine efforts
with this to come to a coherent whole. When these groups respond I can
draw a plan... Will do that tomorrow and see where we end up.

Cheers!