[TYPO3-english] Can typo3 handle 10,000 backend users?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:24:29 CEST 2008

on Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:38:39 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:

> A while back I asked: Would typo3 fit to an MLM company?
>> I got an interesting request and need to verify if typo3 is possible
>> usable for that.
>>

>> The request comes from an MLM company with about 7000 members and
>> growing. Each member should get an identical home page, but with a
>> personal touch, like
>> 1. theme can be changed
>> 2. MLM members name/picture/phone number should be displayed 3. some
>> personal pictures or even some personal pages should be added 4.
>> personal trainings calender (events) 5. different language settings
>>
>> However, all product "records" should be taken from one pool. The TOS
>> only from one pool.
>>
>> If somebody has done something similar, please give me some more
>> details I should take care of.
>>

> I think it should be possible to have 10,000 backend users with each one
> having his own start page, like
> abc.company.com   would be forwarded to the start page
> company.com/abc/

a big htaccess??

> By giving each of the mlm members their own start page, they can change
> only this one, but the product page would be maintained by the
> company.com

a lot of BE-user - or you just show unique datarecords, where your FE-
user get access.

> Some questions to that idea:
> 1. is it possible to get some start parameters, like the members data,
> so that I can put them on each page, even onto the company.com pages?

you need a plugin to show special data from your user-records

> 2. Can typo3 handle 10,000 backend users?

propably as good as 10.000 FE-user. it also is PHP and the same Database

> 3. Can I group backend users so
> that I can find them easier, like group a (includes all a* members),
> group b (includes all b* members, ...

you can group them by hand into different pages, but easier would be the
extension 'Advanced List' (list_adv)

bernd