[TYPO3-english] Can typo3 handle 10,000 backend users?

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) ronald_lists at elmit.com
Thu Oct 16 10:38:39 CEST 2008

A while back I asked: Would typo3 fit to an MLM company?
> I got an interesting request and need to verify if typo3 is possible
> usable for that.
>

> The request comes from an MLM company with about 7000 members and
> growing. Each member should get an identical home page, but with a
> personal touch, like
> 1. theme can be changed
> 2. MLM members name/picture/phone number should be displayed
> 3. some personal pictures or even some personal pages should be added
> 4. personal trainings calender (events)
> 5. different language settings
>
> However, all product "records" should be taken from one pool. The TOS
> only from one pool.
>
> If somebody has done something similar, please give me some more details
> I should take care of.

I think it should be possible to have 10,000 backend users with each one
having his own start page, like
abc.company.com   would be forwarded to the start page   company.com/abc/

By giving each of the mlm members their own start page, they can change
only this one, but the product page would be maintained by the company.com

Some questions to that idea:
1. is it possible to get some start parameters, like the members data,
so that I can put them on each page, even onto the company.com pages?
2. Can typo3 handle 10,000 backend users?
3. Can I group backend users so that I can find them easier, like group
a (includes all a* members), group b (includes all b* members, ...

bye

Ronald