[TYPO3-english] [SOLVED]Re: I try RealUrl

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) ronald_lists at elmit.com
Tue Oct 14 20:36:29 CEST 2008

>>> config.baseURL = http://mydomain.com/
>>> config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
>>> to TS-Setup.
>>>

>> Steffen,
>>
>> it is no difference if I put these three lines directly into TS-
>> Setup or
>> put these three lines into a text file - let it call now abc.txt and
>> use
>> <INCLUDE /path/to/that/abc.txt
>>
>> The result is simple the same: ERROR 500
>>

> You're confusing (at least) two issues. The 500 error is almost
> certainly independent of TYPO3. As Dmitry (or somebody) already
> mentioned in this thread, comment out all rewrite-related statements
> in your .htaccess file and check if the 500 error persists. If it does

No, then I get a page not found, for all commented out and for
RewriteEngine on as well for all re-enabled lines, except the last one:
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
This line results then in Error 500

So, it seems that mod_rewrite is enabled.

> not, uncomment the line "RewriteEngine on". If the 500 error returns,
> it is extremely probably that MOD_REWRITE is not installed. If this is
> the case, contact your host.
>
> The second issue is the syntax you've invented in your TS template.
> This is unlikely to be related to the 500 error, but *will* prevent
> RealURL from working if you insist on using it. There *is* a way to
> include TS from text files, but what you're using is not it. It should
> look like this:
>
> <INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE:path/to/file.txt">

yes, I was too fast in typing, ... I use the above syntax.
> Lastly, on your say-so, I took a look at the RealURL manual. I stick
> by what I said earlier: it says nothing about including external files
> into your TS template.

ok, but it has no other function, ...
I used the include way, because all parts are put into with include
statement at that template.

SOLVED:
I had to enable in .htaccess also the line:
RewriteBase /

... glad that I learned a lot today - well it is 2:30 am, ... yesterday

bye

Ronald