[TYPO3-english] I try RealUrl

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:49:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

On 14-Oct-08, at 10:30 AM, Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:

> Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:
>>
>>> thanks for your words, but I have copied the lines of the manual. It
>>> says so there!
>>> Please read your manual and compare it: Page RealURL-3  "TypoScript
>>> configuration"
>>>

>> Could you please cite where sth. about inclusion of
>> realurl_conf.php to TS-Setup is written?
>> I couldn't find anything, as expected.
>>
>> There's just said you should include
>> config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0
>> config.baseURL = http://mydomain.com/
>> config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
>> to TS-Setup.
>>

> Steffen,
>
> it is no difference if I put these three lines directly into TS-
> Setup or
> put these three lines into a text file - let it call now abc.txt and
> use
> <INCLUDE /path/to/that/abc.txt
>
> The result is simple the same: ERROR 500

You're confusing (at least) two issues. The 500 error is almost
certainly independent of TYPO3. As Dmitry (or somebody) already
mentioned in this thread, comment out all rewrite-related statements
in your .htaccess file and check if the 500 error persists. If it does
not, uncomment the line "RewriteEngine on". If the 500 error returns,
it is extremely probably that MOD_REWRITE is not installed. If this is
the case, contact your host.

The second issue is the syntax you've invented in your TS template.
This is unlikely to be related to the 500 error, but *will* prevent
RealURL from working if you insist on using it. There *is* a way to
include TS from text files, but what you're using is not it. It should
look like this:

<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE:path/to/file.txt">

Lastly, on your say-so, I took a look at the RealURL manual. I stick
by what I said earlier: it says nothing about including external files
into your TS template.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/