[TYPO3] Realurl questions

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Oct 5 19:05:13 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> IMHO the easiest way would be to overwrite $confTemplate in
> class.tx_realurl_autoconfgen.php:getTemplate() or XCLASSing the getTemplate()
> function.
> Therefore a hook in getTemplate() to call a user function for generating
> $confTemplate would be nice - or sth. like realurl_conf_template.php where
> template could be fetched from (I think first way should be easiest one).

No problem. Put a request to BT and I will add a hook.

I am also open to any suggestions on making autoconf even easier and more user–friendly. What I do *not* want is to clatter extension with many options during installation. But I have no idea how to make it all very easy and and the same time flexible.

> I think autoconf should then do the job very well for installations with many
> domains (and lazy admins).
> AFAIK autoconf is just called when caches are emptied, right?
>
> Only one thing further to do would be to watch sys_domain for changes
> (processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations) and recreate realurl autoconf.
>
> @Dmitry
> would this (hook and sys_domain observing) be an option for future realurl
> versions? I'd try to write a patch within the next weeks (once there is
> time..).

Sure! I have only two notes:
- it is safe to regenerate autoconfig if it is stored in serialized format. This format is not editable. PHP format is editable, so I would not do any automatic regeneration if autocofig is stored as PHP file
- make sure you follow TYPO3 coding convention and structure your code well. You can get the idea in the existing RealURL code.

Patches are welcome! :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team