[TYPO3] Realurl questions

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Oct 5 11:28:00 CEST 2008

Hi list,

On Monday 01 September 2008 11:50:46 Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> You may easily write a file containing the mapping and importing it with
> "require_once" in realurl_conf.php file. Then update the mapping file
> with an extension that creates the account. I did it, that's very simple
> to write a text file.

I had a closer look to Realurl Autoconf.

IMHO the easiest way would be to overwrite $confTemplate in
class.tx_realurl_autoconfgen.php:getTemplate() or XCLASSing the getTemplate()
function.
Therefore a hook in getTemplate() to call a user function for generating
$confTemplate would be nice - or sth. like realurl_conf_template.php where
template could be fetched from (I think first way should be easiest one).

I think autoconf should then do the job very well for installations with many
domains (and lazy admins).
AFAIK autoconf is just called when caches are emptied, right?

Only one thing further to do would be to watch sys_domain for changes
(processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations) and recreate realurl autoconf.

@Dmitry
would this (hook and sys_domain observing) be an option for future realurl
versions? I'd try to write a patch within the next weeks (once there is
time..).

Regards
Steffen