[TYPO3] Installing a sysext

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 3 12:34:31 CEST 2008

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Dmitry released an openid extension
> (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9474) as t3x file but I cannot get it
> installed. I choose to install it as sysext.

Not "released" really ;) It is attached to the bug reported for testing. It should not be used in TYPO3 4.2.x or older.

> I made sure sysext directory is writable (as well as ext/ - global), I
> activated it in localconf.php (otherwise I would not be able to choose
> this type of installation) but I keep getting an error message when
> uploading the file:
>
> Error: The extension can only be installed in the path (lockType=system)
>
> What do I miss?

The thing is: extension cannot be installed as sysext. Sysexts are supposed to be updated by TYPO3 core only. I forgot to reset locktype for the extension I propose as sysext for 4.3. I just sent the updated version to the bug tracker. It is not locked to any type. It will tell you it wants 4.3 but for trunk you can ignore this requirement.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team