[TYPO3] Installing a sysext

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Oct 3 13:39:44 CEST 2008

Hi!

>> Error: The extension can only be installed in the path (lockType=system)
>>
>> What do I miss?
>
> The thing is: extension cannot be installed as sysext. Sysexts are
> supposed to be updated by TYPO3 core only. I forgot to reset locktype
> for the extension I propose as sysext for 4.3. I just sent the updated
> version to the bug tracker. It is not locked to any type. It will tell
> you it wants 4.3 but for trunk you can ignore this requirement.

OK.

Another question: I made my own authentication extension to be able to
deal with an external database. Now after reading the code, what I fear
is true, my extension won't be able to provide openID as well. You did
what I wanted to do with this openid extension. Now, I know that this
extension is not yet released but it would be great to let other
authentication extensions "hook" as fallback authentication method if
OpenID is not used. This way one could let OpenID work and use its own
authentication method as well.

For this, the hook should also provide data of the OpenID session to
confirm the authentication. What do you think?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html