[TYPO3-english] How to make menu from one section display in another?

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Thu Nov 27 22:24:41 CET 2008

Hi Nate,

Nate Russell schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Basically, I want the side menu on this page...
> http://www.int-res.com/abstracts/esr/v3/
>
> to look like the side menu on this page...
> http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/

> I keep Abstracts separate from Journals due to size (over 7,000 pages)
> and permissions (Editors can edit pages within Journals, but not all
> within Abstracts).
>
> Is this at all possible? If so can somebody please point me in the right
> direction?

only judging from your example I would say it is possible. Try using
"alwaysActivePIDlist" set to the Journals ID, so journals is expanded by
default. Then wrap that part in a TS condition to only have that opened
by default if you are on an abstract page or subpage.

so basically (in pseudocode) it should look like

[PIDinRootline = abstractspage]
temp.myleftmenu.alwaysActivePIDlist = journals_page
[end]

HTH,

Susanne