[TYPO3-english] Multilanguage site with mnogosearch

Manuel Rego Casasnovas mrego at igalia.com
Mon Nov 24 12:28:56 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm evaluating "mnogosearch" as search engine and I'd like to know if
it's possible to do searches on a multilanguage website that show
results only in one language.

My idea would be that if you're browsing in Spanish and you use the
search form you'll only get results in Spanish (and not in all the
languages of the website).

Maybe a possibility will be define different indexing configuration
records for each language. The value of indexing path attribute would
be:
   * http://test/en/
   * http://test/es/
   * http://test/jp/
   * ...

And then use the configuration property: "search->siteList" to define
which language you want to search.
But I have a doubt, the default language usually has the next URL
http://test/ (without any prefix related with language) and an indexing
configuration record with this URL will index the whole site. So it
wouldn't work properly for the default language.

Moreover I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it. Or if exists a
better way to do it.

Best regards,
   Rego

--