[TYPO3-english] Doing multilingual site first time, please help

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Mon Nov 10 20:17:13 CET 2008

Hello J.,

please put your real firstname under your mails.

  > *Localization settings:
> *    Hide default translation of page  < it is unchecked>
>     Hide page if no translation for current language exists   < it is
> unchecked>
>
> I think these two option has noting to do with the requirement of
> multilingual pages.

this just does, what it says.

> And If I go to commarce--> category I can see localization is set to
> default which is English.
>
> So what should I do so that my pages are also available in German
> language also.
> Do I need extra Typoscrict for the same ?

Primarily you should config your page. e.g.

# Konfiguration Default English
config {
   sys_language_uid = 0
   language         = en
   locale_all       = en_GB.utf8
   htmlTag_langKey  = en
}

# Konfiguration English
[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
config {
   sys_language_uid = 0
   language         = en
   locale_all       = en_GB.utf8
   htmlTag_langKey  = en
}
[global]

# Konfiguration Deutsch
[globalVar = GP:L = 9]
config {
   sys_language_uid  = 9
   language          = de
   locale_all        = de_DE.utf8
   htmlTag_langKey   = de
}
[global]

config {
   sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 0,9
   sys_language_overlay = 1
   uniqueLinkVars = 1
   linkVars = L(0|9)
}

And you have to create a language select menu (HMENU special language)

everything you need to put in the right values in code above is the TSref.

I don'n know the way, commerce interacts with TYPO3 language settings. Try to find a manual.

Andreas