[TYPO3-english] Doing multilingual site first time, please help

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Mon Nov 10 06:20:35 CET 2008

J. Bakshi wrote:
> Andreas Burg wrote:
>
>> Hello ...,
>>

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~
>>> You have to add in list modul an "alternative pagelanguage", after that
>>> you can use localisation mode in Commerce-Category-Module
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>

>> click on list-module, then on the icon of the globe and select "new", create a new
>> web-site-language. Now you can create an "alternative pagelanguage" on every page, it's the
>> translated version of a page.
>>
>> Also do what Xavier told you.
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Thanks for your suggestion. I'll do that and come again with the feed back.
> Thanks once again

Hello,

I have come back with the feed back. I like to give you thanks as you
have taught me how to create "website page language" and to solve my
confusion :-)  But in the page structure If I go to the "edit page
property"  I can see

*Localization settings:
*    Hide default translation of page  < it is unchecked>
    Hide page if no translation for current language exists   < it is
unchecked>

I think these two option has noting to do with the requirement of
multilingual pages.

And If I go to commarce--> category I can see localization is set to
default which is English.

So what should I do so that my pages are also available in German
language also.
Do I need extra Typoscrict for the same ?

Kindly let me know.
Many many thanks so far.

*
*