[TYPO3-english] Need help with CoolURI

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Fri Nov 7 22:35:07 CET 2008

Hi,

> Thanks for your response. So I suppose to use Typoscript to strict parameters to specific page?

that's right. Typo3 generates links in a format. CoolUri just translates
them into another not knowing whether input makes any sense.

What's the point? The point is to find values in a database table (e.g.
translate ID to title). You can't just throw away values when you don't
find them in the database, because then you'd end with link to different
page.

> BTW. I think I saw in tutorial (or manual) that after I create CoolUriConf.xml and go to backend module then click "Delete everything and start again" (in the actual module it mispel "AGAING") after that if I go to "Cached Links" I suppose to see "translation matrix". But I didn't see anything there. What is actually I have to do?

It does what it says. It deletes everything in the both tables so it can
start with clean sheet. It means you need to go to your website root so
the links will be generated.

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech