[TYPO3-english] IndexedSearch vs mnoGoSearch & PowerSearch

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Nov 6 19:19:28 CET 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 1:01 PM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ries van Twisk wrote:
>> I only believe that MNO had some limitation with TYPO3 integration
>> when
>> yiou have logged in FE users
>> and you don't want to show search results of a group a logged in user
>> doesn't have access to.
>> Dmitry, is this still true?
>
> mnoGoSearch currently does not index pages, which require user
> groups. It just does not index them :) This is on my TODO list. User
> groups and advanced search form is the only two remaining tasks that
> I need to do. I hope to have them fast.
>
>> A friend of mine forked the TYPO3 mno extension to make that work
>> properly, but it's not
>> in a state that it can be released.
>
> It was not a good idea to fork. He should have worked with SVN
> version of the extension and propose a patch. Now all great latest
> enhancements are lost for him.

It would also mean to keep on being compatible with your version, and
that's
something we didn't had time for. Remember I talked with you about
beable to see different content based on user input?

>> The alternative forms can be easily added to any search engine...
>> You only need some libraries... But they are open source. TO bad
>> that indexes seach is not to smart....
>
> Well, if you think it is easy, I will not argue ;) In my opinion
> this is a hard thing to do.
>
>> I do believe it is available for windows, but you need to pay....
>
> Engine is available but PHP extension is not. And it cannot be
> compiled because Windows version of mnoGoSearch does not export
> necessary functions. No way :( Just no way at all :(

Crap :) I must have mis-understood teh website of MNO... But hè, who
needs windows in a world without walls....