[TYPO3] Error generated by Typo3 4.1.6 (CoolURI)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:26:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM, lesm <nospam at please.com> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> Yes you're right, there are .css and .js appended to /fileadmin.  So, I
> have included fileadmin as you suggested.
> I have hundreds of wma audio clips at the /wa/ dir in the root.  Now, I
> have found valid audio file names with a replaced .smi extension and a
> wrong path as follows:
> /public_html/fileadmin/dir1/wma/audioname.smi instead of the correct one:
> /public_html/wma/audioname.wma
> I suppose that adding fileadmin to the RewriteCond will cure this too,
> but what I can't understand is the .smi extension.

I don't know about the .smi extension, but you're missing the point of
the rewrite rule. 'fileadmin,' like the other directories in Dmitry's
code *is located in the web root*. The problem is that all of these
wrong urls take paths found in pages such as foo/bar/fubar.ext (where
"foo," the first directory in the url, is a directory that lives
directly in the web root) and (ignoring the base element in the code)
*appends that path to the current location.*

So if the useragent with the problem is currently on the page at
http://domain.tld/one/two/three/, and it finds the path
foo/bar/fubar.ext in the code, it will request the following
nonexistent page

http://domain.tld/one/two/three/foo/bar/fubar.ext

Now, apply this model to your example above, you have presumably the
following path in your pages:

wma/audioname.wma

This, on the model of the other requests we're talking about, should
cause this broken useragent to request this file (forget about the
other extension for the moment) if the useragent is currently located
at fileadmin/dir1/:

fileadmin/dir1/wma/audioname.wma

So adding 'fileadmin' to the code will be useless in this instance
because the fileadmin part of the requested url is not incorrect.
Here, you need to add 'wma' to the regular expression ***along with
all other directories in the web root which are referenced from your
pages***--as I pointed out in my last message in this thread (the one
you replied to).

As for the alternate extension, I haven't seen this in my affected
site. I would *guess* that the useragent has found .wma files and is
subsequently looking for other media files in the same directory--but
it's just a guess. To confirm whether it's right or not, you'll just
have to search your logs to see if the erroneous urls
"fileadmin/dir1/wma/audioname.wma" and
"fileadmin/dir1/wma/audioname.smi" both show up in the logs.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/