[TYPO3] RealURL woes, still not working.

Vincent Mans typo3.vincnet at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:24:31 CEST 2008

Can it be that cache tables, if they get flushed somehow, interfere in
the process? For example, if some kind of staging script is running,
that flushes cache, clears some important fields for TemplaVoila: can
RealURL be affected? Or the other way around: some cache is flushed
while TemplaVoila needs data from one of the tables? Is that a
possible explanation?

Reason to believe that TemplVoila and RealURL do cross each other: if
TemplaVoila is deleted and the Autotemplateparser is used, then this
issue does not exist.

Testing stuff on another server by the way leads to these conclusions
(all on PHP4 with 4.1.6; all permissions open to exclude issues with
that):
1 - The autoconf-file gets generated but never with the rootpage_id,
also not with the appropriate checks on in root template and page;
this has to be added manually, so what's the point of serialized
autoconf then?
2 - Even this: I only get it running after first using another
configuration (e.g. danprealurlconfig). This might be a particular
problem, but at least it's strange that I have to use another config
first to get the autoconf running. However, it's not a stable
situation.
3 - Why is the path default named "typo3conf/realurl_conf.php" (or any
other name) in the extension setup, while it always generates
"typo3conf/realurl_autoconf.php"? Especially since the path from the
settings is saved in the localconf.php. Does this affect anything, or
is there some magic in the code behind it?
4 - Using manual configuration seems the best solution still. But in
any case, the realurl tables remain empty. How is it possible: almost
all empty tables (except for the errorlog, which got filled due to the
tryings described above) and still we have a running RealURL. It makes
no different if the 'init array cache settings' are set true or false.

Part A is of great importance, so if there can be some part of an
answer??? Part B gives some insight why I start getting nightmares
about RealURL. Does RealURL deserve the lable "stable"? It ran okay on
earlier versions, by the way.

Thanks,
Vincent