[TYPO3] Installing New Version of Extension Removes many others?

James Calhoun james.calhoun at secude.com
Tue May 27 09:12:32 CEST 2008

Today I installed the new realURL extension and I noticed that all of
the following extensions were uninstalled:

DirectMail 2.5.4
Extension Kickstarter 0.3.8
tt_address 2.2.1
Rgaccordion 1.1.1
2 Custom Extensions (made to extend tables for sr_feuser)

Possibly a few others were uninstalled as well.

I had this problem before, where I updated an extension and my
"randomimages" extension was removed.

Anyone ever see this?

Could this be related to other buggy issues I am having with my Typo3
installation, like parseURL php errors?

I recently upgraded to PHP5 and noticed someone said the Suhosin patch
caused them some BE bugs. I am currently looking into how to deactivate
that as suggested by Dmitry.

Using Typo3 4.1.6 on ubuntu/debian 2.2.3 with php 5.2.6