[TYPO3] a thought about security announcements and automatic security alert

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu May 29 15:51:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback and ideas.

> server:
> requests to remote server must include a password, including encryption.
> Else everyone could request version and look for possible security-holes.

Just a quick reply on that point. The remote server extension includes a
copy of typo3/init.php, so it goes through the whole authentication
process and is as secure as the BE is. I just had trouble getting a
challenged and super-challenged authentication through, but I don't
despair having that explained to me some time :-)

> let's look for some spare time ;-)

;-)

--

Francois Suter