[TYPO3] UnZip the Dummy + Source problem

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri May 23 23:48:16 CEST 2008

> I can't find an FTP prg that can create symlinks.
> Can you help me with some program? Doesn't matter if it is for Windows
> or Mac.

I'm not aware of any FTP program with such capability. I'm also pretty
sure that even if a program would have this option, your hosting server
would not have allowed it in setup but who knows?

> So if I have 2 maps:
> - The Source
> - And the Dummy
>
> Can i create symlinks that this is possible:
> www.mydomain.com/
> instead of
> www.mydomain.com/dummy/
>
> Because if you have the source and dummy package not toghether, the URL
> shows always the DUMMY map ofcourse..

You definitively have to unzip (or untar) content to /, not to /dummy.
Or else move content of /dummy to /. The only stuff you could do to get
rid of this "dummy" part in the URL would be to change to webroot of
your website in the configuration of the webserver. And if you were
allowed to do this, I bet you would have sufficiant access rights on the
server to create a symlink.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers