[TYPO3] Cool Uri -> Strange Issue

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri May 23 09:34:59 CEST 2008

Hi Tobi,

> i´m happy to be not alone with this issue :-) I saw that you
> forwarded your mail to jan. Has he send you a feedback yet?
Yes, he answered to me. I think he didn't mention, that the he replied to
me, not to the list.
His answer:

> I can confirm. Cooluri points to the old page id, even if the page
> with the link is not cached.

There are 2 caches - page cache and link cache.

> Cooluri shouldn't just check at page creation, if the link is already
> cached, but also if the uncool URL is still the same.

That would be no caching then. And still, you can configure CoolUri to do
this if you wish. If you set checkforchangeevery to 0, then it will check
for change every time.

>> I thought the click on "force update of all links" in cool uri would
>> help, but it doesn?t, because the pagename exsists, but the page id
>> has changed. The only solution is to kill the entry in the "cached
>> link" list.
> I didn't try this. IMHO it should not be required to force an update.
> Cooluri should catch it itself.

You need to delete page cache as well. Otherwise, links are taken from the
page cache.

>> Perhaps Jan can add a routine to "force update of all links"
>> and check the page ids.
> I think we've got also such users...

Force update + page cache and links will be regenerated when displayed.
I don't see a problem.

>> Thanks and Greetings from gold old Hamburg
> Greets from near Würzburg to the north

Greetings from Prague

--
Jan Bednarik