[TYPO3] changing the sort method of custom records to manual sorting.

Andrew Plank plankmeister at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 16:16:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

I wrote my first extension - pretty much guessing and hacking as I was
going along - but now I'm in the situation where I need to make some
"deep" configuration changes...

I chose to order the records automatically by "tstamp". Now, I need to
order them manually.

I created a new extension template using the kickstarter, and noticed
the difference is that the "sortby" key is set to the "sorting" field in
the database in ext_tables.php.

So... I manually made this change in my ext_tables.php file, and
modified the ext_tables.sql file to reflect this change, and then
checked the extension in the EM, which noticed the missing field and
added it to the DB.

However... even though I manually used phpMyAdmin to adjust the
"sorting" column, I still do not see any "move up" and "move down" icons
in my list of records.

What else am I missing?

Kind regards,

//Plank