[TYPO3] changing the sort method of custom records to manual sorting.

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 16 17:22:40 CEST 2008

on Fri, 16 May 2008 16:16:43 +0200, Andrew Plank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote my first extension - pretty much guessing and hacking as I was
> going along - but now I'm in the situation where I need to make some
> "deep" configuration changes...
>
> I chose to order the records automatically by "tstamp". Now, I need to
> order them manually.
>
> I created a new extension template using the kickstarter, and noticed
> the difference is that the "sortby" key is set to the "sorting" field in
> the database in ext_tables.php.
>
> So... I manually made this change in my ext_tables.php file, and
> modified the ext_tables.sql file to reflect this change, and then
> checked the extension in the EM, which noticed the missing field and
> added it to the DB.
>
> However... even though I manually used phpMyAdmin to adjust the
> "sorting" column, I still do not see any "move up" and "move down" icons
> in my list of records.
>
> What else am I missing?

as your new field is in the database-table, it is not known to TYPO3.
The description of all fields is in the TCA.

if you inspect the whole kickstarter-output you will find different
changes in multiple files. not only one new line in ext_tables.sql
on changing tables there might be also changes in:
ext_tables.php, tca.php, locallang_db.xml, ...

bernd