[TYPO3] news_plus needed by it is obsolete

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu May 15 21:01:30 CEST 2008

Hello Matyi,

> Hi!
>
> I use the news_plus extension, but I see this extension is obsolete.
> Can I use this in the future?  Does anybod know what's the problem
> with this extension?
>
> Gabor

If you refering to news_plus (version 0.1.0 from 27.05.03) its probably beacuse
it extended a old version of tt_news and uses xclass.

And because tt_news as evolved from a really simple news extension to a advanced
module, more and less every extension which has extended earlier versions
of tt_news are obsolete, or can't be used with newer versions of tt_news.
Obsolete, because tt_news has integrated the functionality from these extensions.

I suppose it was obsolete 4 years ago.

Newer versions of tt_news has all the functionality from news_plus as far
as I can see. Which version of tt_news are you using.

I will strongly advice you to drop news_plus and upgrade your tt_news to
newest version. It's also good security policy to upgrade both TYPO3 and
extensions.

Of course you can use both an old tt_news version and news_plus, but you
will have problems with support and you have to do all patching yourself.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no