[TYPO3] Temporary home page (redirect?) for a TYPO3 site

Christopher qozmiq at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:29:59 CEST 2008

I am much more of a designer than programmer, and I have redesigned my
companies TYPO3 site.  While we search for a programmer to handle the
intricacies of the implementing the redesign, I have been tasked with
posting a page indicating to the site's visitors that we have a "new design
coming, but in the meantime, click here to visit our current site..."  Or,
maybe even a redirect after five seconds.  Now, I am one who thinks this is
bad idea, I would just rather have it reworked and then posted....but I
digress.

Is there a feature within TYPO3 that will allow this?  I have searched and
searched, but cannot find anything to allow for this.  I want to make a
simple HTML page, with all current design elements stripped from it...then
post.  HELP!

Any assistance anyone could provide would be *greatly* appreciated.

Qozmiq