[TYPO3] Selecting FCE in frontend plugin

Michael Niemann xml.transformator at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 15:16:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

I need to select certain FCEs in my frontend plugin. My plan was to include a non mapped field in the FCE to identify it later.
in my extension I would retrieve the FCE from tt_content by searching for the value of that field.

However since the value is not a database column but stored inside the xml of tx_templavoila_flex the performance would probably be very bad.

Is there a nucer way of giving the FCE an identifier to select it from tt_content?

Thanks in advance

Michael