[TYPO3] sr_feuser_register, md5 password

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Sun May 11 13:48:25 CEST 2008

Ralica Sotirova schrieb:
> Hi, List!
> I decided to switch from normal passwords to md5 passwords on my website.
> Now I have a problem using a md5 passwords with sr_feuser_register,
> newloginbox and kb_md5fepw. When user register the password is saved plain
> in db. If I manually make it md5, everything works. One can login, change
> profile, delete account. On edit password is saved as md5 sum too. I've
> added in EXT/sr_feuser_register/model/class.tx_srfeuserregister_data.php
> this lines :
>
>  if ($cmdKey == 'create' && $this->controlData->getUseMd5Password()) {
>  $parsedArray['password'] = md5($this->getDataArray('password'));
>  }
> they exist in this file for invite.
>
> Now it works, but I'm not sure, that this is wise decision. I'm sure I'm
> missing something little (like TYPO3 constant or somenthing).
>
> Also the "forgot password" don't work now, it says that this e-mail is not
> in db. I haven't researched this yet, so I'm going to write another post
> about it later.
>
> I'm not sure what other information to write.

Hi Larry!
Is your template correctly configured? In the sr_feuser_register manual,
there is an important information in the changelog:

"New TS constant useMd5Password enables md5-hashed passwords when
extension KB MD5 FE Password (kb_md5fepw) is installed. HTML templates
should be updated with markers ###FORM_ONSUBMIT### and
###PASSWORD_ONCHANGE###. See the example HTML templates.
###HIDDENFIELDS### marker is also added to subparts
###TEMPLATE_CREATE_SAVED### and ###TEMPLATE_SETFIXED_OK###."

Besides, do you have MD5 passwords enabled (useMd5Password = 1)?

Cheers,
Ro