[TYPO3] sr_feuser_register, md5 password

Ralica Sotirova larry at itsbg.net
Wed May 7 11:02:27 CEST 2008

Hi, List!
I decided to switch from normal passwords to md5 passwords on my website.
Now I have a problem using a md5 passwords with sr_feuser_register,
newloginbox and kb_md5fepw. When user register the password is saved plain
in db. If I manually make it md5, everything works. One can login, change
profile, delete account. On edit password is saved as md5 sum too. I've
added in EXT/sr_feuser_register/model/class.tx_srfeuserregister_data.php
this lines :

 if ($cmdKey == 'create' && $this->controlData->getUseMd5Password()) {
 $parsedArray['password'] = md5($this->getDataArray('password'));
 }
they exist in this file for invite.

Now it works, but I'm not sure, that this is wise decision. I'm sure I'm
missing something little (like TYPO3 constant or somenthing).

Also the "forgot password" don't work now, it says that this e-mail is not
in db. I haven't researched this yet, so I'm going to write another post
about it later.

I'm not sure what other information to write.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks!
Larry