[TYPO3] page navigation

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Mar 27 17:53:01 CET 2008

> We have a web site with a layout of two columns. The navigation is in
> left side.
>
> If we select a pure "HTML" page the content of the page will be
> presented in main part of the page. And we have yet access to the
> navigation. But if we select a "PHP" file to present it, the
> navigation will be disappeared. In this case if we want to back we
> have to use of "back" of browser. Below I have a Template (TS) in
> which a "PHP" file is invoked:
>
> I don't send the "PHP" file because I think it is not necessary at
> this point. Would somebody tell me how I can solve this problem.

What exactly is your problem?
Do you want to know how to use your PHP file as a content element (which
would be a plugin in this case)?
Or do you want to know how to get the navigation into your PHP file?

Usually page content will be fetched via TypoScript CONTENT element.
If you want to generate the content with your own script you should create a
small extension for it that implements the script as a plugin.
This plugin can be inserted as a content element (of type plugin) as well so
that you could stay with your default template instead of using
PHP_SCRIPT_EXT

HTH

Joey