[TYPO3] wfqbe charset problems

Panagiotis Kondaxis pkontaxis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:43:27 CET 2008

Hi list!

I 've serious charset problems with wfqbe extension and your help is very
welcome, if anyone uses this extension!

I've set a utf8-combatible typo3 installation with utf8_general_ci database
collation.
My settings are the following :

[SYS][setDBinit]=
SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
SET NAMES utf8;
SET SESSION character_set_server=utf8;

[BE][forceCharset] = utf-8

[SYS][UTF8filesystem] = 1

and in template : page.config.renderCharset = utf-8

In typo3 all went right. For example when i added a new fe_user and his name
has Greek characters, I could read it right both in typo3 backend and in
database(table fe_users) from phpmyadmin.

But when I execute the folowing query from wfqbe:
select name from fe_users;
the results I 've get look like ???????? ???????? both in frontend page and
in csv file download (but in database and in typo3 backend i can read them
right)

In addition when I add a fe_user record with the insert-mechanism of wfqbe,
I see the name of the user in frontend(wfqbe plugin) right, but in database
and typo3 backend I get 'gremlin' (ΚονταξÎ(R)Ï‚ Πανα γιώτηÏ)
and in the csv download too (ΞšΞΏΞ½Ο„Ξ±ΞΎΞ(R)Ο‚ Ξ Ξ±Ξ½Ξ±Ξ³ΞΉΟŽΟ„Ξ·Ο).

Do extensions use the same connection type with typo3 core?

I get confused...

Thanks in advance,

Kontaxis Panagiotis