[TYPO3] Documentation by TYPO3 with pdf-renderer

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Mar 18 14:06:46 CET 2008

Hi,

> I can't speak for what anybody else meant, but I was talking about how
> to make the documentation useful in printable form. If you just mean
> that tables of contents should change on the basis of paper size, then
> those were points one and two in my post four messages back :)

ah, see - I've lost track. Perhaps we should begin calling this thread
"thread nightmare" instead.

For printable documents I suggest combining a well-structured table of
contents that refreshs itself with printing chapters and subchapters in
the footer of each document. So even if the page numbers break the
reader can look at the chapter / subchapter in the footer to quickly
find the right page.

Susanne