[TYPO3] Documentation by TYPO3 with pdf-renderer

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 11:56:33 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Daniel Bruessler <danielb at typo3.org> wrote:
> Hello Christopher,
>
>  good point! We'll care about it when it's time for this.

Well, given that the discussion has already moved to page-breaks and
paper sizes, it seems the time must be coming rather soon :-)

>  Navigation-Paths for documents:
>
>  Method | Example | Description
>
>  page-number | 37 | a pagenumber is wrong after each update
>
>  TSref - method | [tsref:(cObject).IMAGE] | does work after all updates
>
>  chapter-number | /extension-manuals/wec_about/1.17.0/view/1/1/#id3849570
>  | does work after small updates

Upon even further reflection, I'd vote against my suggestion of the
TSref-like path method, as it provides absolutely no indication about
where a given section can be found in the document as a whole. In
other words, a reader must memorize a) where the cObject section is in
the TSref, and where IMAGE is inside the cObject section for the path
to be useful as a means of locating a particular section of the
document. Not very useful. By contrast, page numbers or section
numbers provide a definite location within the document.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/