[TYPO3] extranet pictures and files protection

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Sun Mar 16 10:57:09 CET 2008

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if there is a way to have some protection for the pictures
or filelinks in the extranet part of the site.

I would like to protect the "normal" pictures of extranet so that they
couldn't be accessed with the proper url? Is this possible?

What about the files, if I .htaccess a folder and link to a file in it
in the extranet, this causes another login request, doesn't it?

Any experience or idea how to protect files/pictures on access
restricted area is very much welcome.

- Katja