[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Thu Mar 13 23:30:58 CET 2008

Hello Peter,

> I put them on my own web site just to keep then unaltered in case people
> would start asking what was done back then!  :-)
>
> Feel free to copy them to the wiki.

Thank you! We'll merge the current sxw-Version of each with your
changes. for this taks I import your version into sxw and use OpenOffice
to make a diff. The diff doesn't work for tables, but it works very good
for all the texts.

> 1.
> To get a small "core" of documents well structured, up-to-date and easy
> to find/read.

yes!

> 2.
> The second goal is to get rid of all redundant documents.

for general manuals: yes!, for the wiki: there's a number of pages what
are redundant. They'll be removed, but not yet.

> Here the docTeam has a mission! To guide people in the documentation
> djungle. :-)

Newbees will ask in any forum, look at the lists
http://typo3.org/documentation/
or use the searchbox.

Please make an example how documents like doc_core_tsconfig and
doc_tut_frontend can be more transparent when somebody searches for that
topics?

> If the docTeam only could make these two things happen, we would have a
> much better Typo3 documentation to offer!

Yes ;-) We just have to make little steps and do the right things.

Do you like to help with one document? In the moment we're working on
* typo3_tut_timesavers
* subversion and diff

Cheers!
Daniel