[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Mar 14 19:46:06 CET 2008

Hi Daniel
No offense(!) but it is funny to hear you acknowledge my ideas
and at the same time tell me you are working with totally
different documents...  :-)

Thats exactly what I think is the problem, no clear goals and
small efforts here and there.

Dont misunderstand me, you are doing a great job with those
different improvements! In fact I mean that we ALSO need
something more like a project that focus on producing/updating a
few, important documents for newbies.

Look what other CMS:es has got, for example I found this 10
seconds after visiting http://help.joomla.org/

-----------
Official Documentation
  * The Official Joomla! 1.5 Help Screens
  * The Official Installation Manual for Joomla! 1.5
  * The Official User Manual for Joomla! 1.5
  * The Official Administrator Manual for Joomla! 1.5
  * Other related guides and reference material ...
-----------

This is what I believe Typo3 is missing and should be putting
effort on! And that is what I think the docTeam should
concentrate on. Even if I think your work also are needed.

>> Here the docTeam has a mission! To guide people in the documentation
>> djungle. :-)
>
> Newbees will ask in any forum, look at the lists
> http://typo3.org/documentation/
> or use the searchbox.

No, the docTeam should do it by well structured, updated and
easy to find documents, not by acting helpdesk.

/Peter Kindström