[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Mar 11 14:01:41 CET 2008

>> Futuristic Template Building - last update: 02.02.2004 15:54
>
> This one needs a complete rewrite. It is still valid but some things
> are obsolete and it is easier to write new from scratch than to fix
> old one. Probably I should be responsible for it as I support TV now
> but I have no time for it either :(
>
>> Every document I find is ancient, yet there are all these cool new
>> features mention in the modern releases.  How is a newbe to learn
>> them?
>
> It's open source, mate :( One way to push it is to pay for it but it
> is obvious that very few people will want to pay for doc updates.

The problem for somebody else to write some documentation, and I am
sure there are many people with these skills, is that they need to
have a very good understanding how a system works.
To get a good understanding of how things work, these people need to
get in contact with the people who wrote the code. And since these
people are often so buzy, it's hard to get information from the people
who wrote the code so the people who want to write.. cannot write
because they don't understand it well enough... this seems to be a
circle....

Question for all of us, how can we break this circle??

Ries

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 JBoss JasperReports Flex Blaze-DS WebORB
PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk