[TYPO3] RealURL Tweak Question...

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Wed Mar 5 16:00:32 CET 2008

The problem that I had initially ran into with relying on the sitemap to
generate my URLs is that Not in Menu pages and pages with a special type
would not always get their URLs properly.  With some cleaver TS I was
able to get around that issue.

Would it be possible to maybe utilize PHP's Curl library somewhere in
the backend code to automatically visit a link-generating sitemap page?
  This would eliminate my need for a CRON task for visiting the sitemap
and "emulate" an end-user.  It would be even better if instead of a
sitemap there was a function in the FE code base that could be called
specifically for the URL generation purpose from the Curl code -
eliminating the need for a sitemap altogether.

I cannot rely on my end-users to visit the sitemap on their own after
creating pages, etc., thus my quest for some sort of automated method.