[TYPO3] RealURL Tweak Question...

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Mar 5 08:35:17 CET 2008

Hi!

Jan Bednarik wrote:
> this is not possible because URLs (both RealUrl and CoolUri) are
> generated using typolink function. There's no way to get a touch on this
> function in the BE as it's part of the tslib_content class, which is a
> FE class depending of tslib_fe. It's clear that you can't get FE class
> instance in BE.

Good addition!

To extend a bit further: it is possible to simulate FE environment in BE exactly for the purpose of link generation but since it is only a simulation, result cannot be guarantied. There are too many things in FE to take into account. Not worth it. Much easier to create a sitemap and navigate to it. This will fill caches with URLs.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team