[TYPO3] Transmenu in typo3?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:51:05 CEST 2008

on Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:04:10 +0200, Matyi Gábor wrote:

> Hi Guys!
>
> I need this type of menu in typo3:
> http://youngpup.net/projects/transmenus/demos/photos/
>
> It is important that the user can browse the whole tree without he click
> on any item, and the menu has to be transparent.
>
> My question how can I do this with typo3?

primary it is no TYPO3.

if you just depend on flyout on mouseover and transparency you can get it
without javascript (as long as you didn't care about IE6)
and the best: you can have a clean menu with cascaded UL/LI-tags

just look at my page: http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/cheatsheet.html

you just missed the slow roll-out which you can get only with javascript.

The rest can be done with CSS using :hover
As IE6 doesn't do :hover for any other tags than A you need javascript.

and the transparency: just use semitransparent PNG (and fix it with:
http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/55.html#c66 for IE6, which also means: you need
javascript for IE6.)

bernd