[TYPO3] Transmenu in typo3?

Matyi Gábor gmatyi at freemail.hu
Mon Jun 30 14:17:51 CEST 2008

bernd wilke <xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com> írta:

> primary it is no TYPO3.
>
> if you just depend on flyout on mouseover and transparency
you can get it
> without javascript (as long as you didn't care about IE6)
> and the best: you can have a clean menu with cascaded
UL/LI-tags

> just look at my page:

I took a look into your page source. I see this.

var JSmenu = new JSmenu(1,'JSmenuForm');
 var eid1=0;
eid1=JSmenu.add(0,0,0,'Spickzettel','cheatsheet.html','_top');
JSmenu.openID = eid1;
eid1=JSmenu.add(0,eid1,0,'Bilder','bilder.html','_top');
eid1=JSmenu.add(0,eid1,0,'Start','start.html','_top');
eid1=JSmenu.add(0,eid1,0,'Login','login.html','_top');

How you generated this javascript menu? This is not TMENU,
where I put ul and li, that I format with css.

> you just missed the slow roll-out which you can get only
with javascript.

Thanks, I didn't know, that this is the difference between
the css and javascript based roll-out menu.

> The rest can be done with CSS using :hover
> As IE6 doesn't do :hover for any other tags than A you
need javascript.

> and the transparency: just use semitransparent PNG (and
fix it with:
> http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/55.html#c66 for IE6, which also
means: you need
> javascript for IE6.)

I don't like this pngbehaviour. If you use png8 instead of
png24, you can get transparent images. Or you can use gif.