[TYPO3] external link in menu, typoscript and typolink.

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:23:26 CEST 2008

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Christopher Torgalson
> <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry, ignore the lines below in my last message--I wrote them before
> I completely grasped what the TS in your sample does, and forgot to
> delete them--excepting the doNotLinkIt bit, your TS looks perfectly
> sensible :)
>
>> But it looks like you're totally rebuilding the link, including the
>> link text. Any reason why you need to do that (i.e. since you only
>> need to change the href attribute of the link)?

Hi Christopher,

I tried doing this:

3 < .default
3.field = url # <-Changed this from title
3.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
3.typolink.parameter.dataWrap = {field:title} # <- changed this from url
3.typolink.returnLast = url

In the hope that it would simply swap the fields... But no dice. That's
all I need to be able to do... get typolink to swap the parameters. It
doesn't work (read: I can't get it to work) even if I do something like

3.typolink.parameter = http://subdomain.example.com

It feels like I'm SO close to a solution. Looks like I might have to
investigate the userFunc option of typolink....

//Plankmeister