[TYPO3] external link in menu, typoscript and typolink.

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:03:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Andrew Plank
<plankmeister_NO at spam_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:
>
>> Well, just for the purpose of eliminating the simple errors, is your
>> actual code missing a closing brace after the line "
>> 3.typolink.parameter.dataWrap = http://{field:url}" like the code in
>> your first message?
>
> Hi Christopher,
>
> When I was studying the TSref I modified it from the original posting,
> and what follows is a direct copy paste:
>
> lib.menu_main = HMENU
> lib.menu_main.entryLevel = 0
> lib.menu_main.1 = TMENU
> lib.menu_main.1 {
>
>        noBlur=1
>        wrap = <ul>|</ul>
>
>        NO = 1
>        NO {
>
>                allWrap = <li>|</li>
>                stdWrap.case = lower
>                stdWrap.cObject = CASE
>                stdWrap.cObject {
>                        key.field = doktype
>                        default = TEXT
>                        default.field = title
>
>                        3 < .default
>                        3.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
>                        3.typolink.parameter.dataWrap= http://{field:url}
>                }
>        }
>
>        ACT = 1
>        ACT.allWrap = <li class="main_selected">|</li>
>        ACT.stdWrap.case = lower
>        ACT.doNotLinkIt = 1
>
> }
>
> Any ideas? Can anyone explain why it's wrapping a link in another link?
> If I could figure that out, I might be able to figure out how to prevent
> it doing it.

Yes, it looks as though you've built a link with stdWrap without first
'turning off' the auto-generated TMENU link. Try adding
"NO.doNotLinkIt = 1" (it's also in the original ML post that I guess
you're working from [1]).

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-November/015843.html

But it looks like you're totally rebuilding the link, including the
link text. Any reason why you need to do that (i.e. since you only
need to change the href attribute of the link)?

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/