[TYPO3] Locking a column

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:40:17 CEST 2008

on Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:52:49 +0200, Jacob wrote:

> Is there anyone who knows how to lock a column in Typo3? Let's say, I
> use all 3 columns (left, normal and right), but I need to "lock" for
> instance the left one to make it visible all the time, even though I
> click to view a subpage.

in the template where you define the part, which renders the content of a
column you have to add 'slide = -1' like this:

page = PAGE
page {
	10 < styles.content.getLeft
	10.slide = -1
	10.wrap = <div class="left"></div>

	20 < styles.content.get
	20.wrap = <div class="content"></div>

	30 < styles.content.getRight
	30.slide = -1
	30.wrap = <div class="right"></div>
}

The content of columns left and right are sliders:
if there is content in the actual page the content of this column in the
parent page will be shown.
If the column in the parent page is empty the content of the parent page
to this parent-page is shown up the rootline until content is found or
root-page (id=0) is found

bernd