[TYPO3] Locking a column

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Wed Jun 25 08:35:47 CEST 2008

Hi Jacob,

> Is there anyone who knows how to lock a column in Typo3? Let's say, I use
> all 3 columns (left, normal and right), but I need to "lock" for instance
> the left one to make it visible all the time, even though I click to view a
> subpage.

What exactly do want to achive ? Display the same content in lets say
the left column on every subpage ? If yes, that depends on your and your
editors skills. There is an extension kb_contentslide which renders
content from a parent page to subpages. This extension can be used by
editors.
Then you could insert content objects using Typoscript to display the
same content on every subpage. This can only be used by admins or users
who have access to the template module.
Or you could create a sysfolder, put all the content in it and then
insert the data on every subpage via *insert record*-content-element.
Can be used by editors, is easy to maintain and very flexible.

HTH
Florian