[TYPO3] Frontend login with LDAP without importing users to fe_users

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2008 at t3sec.info
Wed Jun 25 17:31:57 CEST 2008

Søren Malling schrieb:
>> If you think you set up everything correctely (base dn, filter, etc.)
>> and it still doesn't work you'll have to debug the extension to get to
>> know, where there is a (configuration) error. Extension uses devlog.
>

> Thanks about devlog, that one helped me alot!

Great.

> I'm able to see that the login is succesfull, but the felogin still
> returns the text I've entered in the "Error" box when setting up the
> plugin. A cookie is also being genrated, which should mean that the
> login was completed, right?

By default, TYPO3 generates a cookie, i.e. a session, whenever a user
hits your website. So it isn't something to judge from if authentication
works.
Did you set up a specific page only visible to a FE usergroup (users of
AD/LDAP) to check if user was indeed authenticated?

> Marcus, did you make any changes to the extension or any speciel setup?

No, it worked out-of-the-box. I'm using it to authenticate users of an
AD but I'm currently using an elderly version of eu_ldap.

Marcus.