[TYPO3] To Dmitry Dulepov on Paypal Donate button or anyone that could help

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jun 24 07:28:37 CEST 2008

Hi!

lesm wrote:
> I need to place a Paypal Donate button in a Typo3 site.  Since I have
>  never used Paypal Donate buttons before I'm looking for Typo3
> examples.

PayPal has a part in their web interface to generate HTML code for donation. Just generate HTML and put it as HTML to youre web site (content element of type "HTML"). In PayPal it is under "Merchant services", "Website payments standard".

> The first Typo3 site I did find was yours, so I clicked the Donate
> button to see what happens.  The "Support this site!" page is
> displayed. I clicked again the Donate button at the end of that page
> and got this response:
> -----------------------------
> Return to Merchant The seller accepts encrypted website payments
> only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please
> contact your seller for more details. PayPal. The safer, easier way
> to pay. For more information, read our User Agreement and Privacy
> Policy.

It is interesting because I selected unencrypted button in PayPal preferences :( I wonder how many donations did I miss :( Fixed again in PayPal preferences. Thanks!

> In another page you say you use "Moneybookers" and also that you
> tried to donate to yourself and it worked.

Ah, well, I stopped using MoneyBookers because (1) they require people to register, (2) they are much less common than PayPal and (3) it does not make sense to have funds in different places.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org
Skype: callto:liels_bugs